Today I got put in time out for the first time in at least 25 years. No, not by Daddy. Hannah didn't like that I had taken away a decorative glass bowl she had lifted from the living room, but instead of her usual protest (which usually comes in the form of her yelling "no" at me or starting to cry), she came over to me and said, "You go to time out." She took me by the hand and led me to a chair at the kitchen table and told me to sit down. I was laughing, but I played along for a minute and sat down. I knew I had to nip this before it got out of hand, so I then told her that Mommy is the boss and can put Hannah in time out, but she can't put me in time out.
What I noticed after my stint in time out was that I had interrupted Hannah's cookie baking and place-setting. The glass bowl has decorative dried fruit (or something?) in it, and Hannah likes to collect the fruits and the wood/cork coasters and pretend they are cookies. Then she sets the tables (thankfully, there are enough coasters and fruits for both the dining room table and the kitchen table).
There are three coaster-cookies at this seat. This must be Hannah's seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment