Monday, December 5, 2011

Emma's First Food

Emma had her first meal this morning.  She seemed to enjoy her soupy rice cereal, but it was definitely new to her - she wasn't quite sure what to do!  We were all at the table with her, and I think she enjoyed that.  This was only her second time inthe high chair.  Last night was the firsttime.  She loves it!  I think she likes being at eye level (mostly) with the rest of us, instead of down low in her baby swing (where she used to sit while we ate - until she demanded to sit on Daddy's lap).  Hannah was not so excited about Emma using the high chair ("That's MY chair!"  Yes, dear, it was your time-out chair.  Don't worry, we'll find you another time-out chair.).  She was also not so thrilled about sharing some toys yesterday.  And so it begins.  But she's learning to share (she has no choice).  Hannah was mostly indifferent to the first feeding this morning, but I do think she quietly took some pleasure in watching her baby sister be spoon-fed for the first time.







No comments:

Post a Comment