Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rock Creek Farm

This morning we ventured out to Rock Creek Farm in Broomfield for some "u-pick-em" pumpkin patch fun.  At this farm, many of the pumpkins are still on the vine.  They give you a small saw and you can pick your pumpkin and cut it from the vine.  Hannah "helped" Daddy cut a few pumpkins.


The farm has a beautiful view of the flatirons and foothills.  There are many farms east of Denver, but it's nice to be close to the foothills if only for the view.


Hannah loves her Daddy.  I mean, really really loves him.  Here is an "I wan my Daddy pick uh up" moment.


Mommy with her girls.


We then walked around the "play" area where they had bouncy castles, farm animals, a hay ride, a hay maze, and some things for sale.  Hannah was intrigued by the bouncy castles, but just wanted to watch.  She's not quite ready for that much excitement - even the one that was only for kids three and under.

On the way home from the farm, Hannah started saying "I uh-voo" (read: I love you) out of the blue.  She's said it before, but usually after being prompted.  She just started saying it, so I said, "I love YOU, Hannah," which brought a big smile to her face.  I then started the Barney song ("I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..." - not my first choice, but the first "I love you" song that came to mind).  Hannah wasn't a fan of that one, so I started singing A Bushel and a Peck ("I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck...) which she liked.  Then Hannah continued singing with Somewhere over the Rainbow and ABCs.  She was just happy and wanted to sing.

The singing bit reminds me of Hannah playing with her doll house yesterday.  She had the little boy and girl in their beds going to sleep, and she started singing All the Pretty Little Horses to them ("Hush-a-bye, don't you cry, go to sleep little baby..."  This is Hannah's favorite bedtime lullaby).  It's so interesting to see how her play style changes as she grows.  Hannah is definitely more into imaginative play now then she was even six months ago.

We spent the afternoon at home.  Hannah spent some time looking at her baby photo album with Daddy.  She was mostly excited about photos of her first birthday, but she also enjoyed pointing out photos of Poppy, Ellie Mae, and her buddy Ryan.


Here is Daddy explaining to Hannah how much time there is before her next birthday.


I guess Hannah didn't quite understand Daddy's explanation because later she and I had an argument over whose birthday it is tomorrow (Me: "It's my birthday tomorrow."  Hannah: "No, Hannah's birthday.")  Poor girl just can't wait.  She even thinks the crown painted on her step stool is her "birthday hat" (at her school they make the kids a special paper crown on their birthday).  Here is Hannah continuing to gaze longingly at the photos of her first birthday (especially the cake).


The afternoon came to a close with some good, old-fashioned wrestling.  This was Hannah's first wrestling experience and she LOVED it (mainly because all she had to do was run to Daddy and jump into his arms - this constituted pinning him).


One of Hannah's most delightful phrases is "I wan do it adain" (read: again).  It is so sweet and playful and is usually accompanied by giggles.  She definitely wanted to do this "wrestling-light" play again and again.


On the other end of the spectrum are phrases such as "Go walk away" (essentially telling Mommy or Daddy to leave her alone and beat it), "Stop!" or "Stop it!" (similar message), and "That's not nice" or "That's mean."  And, of course, "No, Mommy/Daddy," the ultimate and most oft heard reprimand from two-year-old to parent.  Lovely.

Other things Hannah has been saying: "I home!" or "I home, Ah-wih-wuh!" (read: Oliver; when we arrive at the house); "See you yay-da" (read: see you later); "Tey-too, Mommy/Daddy" (read: thank you); and "Bess-oo, Mommy/Daddy" (read: bless you, after sneezing).  The cuteness of these phrases definitely outweighs all the "no" phrases!

No comments:

Post a Comment