Emma woke up this morning on her belly - twice. First at 5:30 and again the next time she woke up at 8:00. I guess this means she is now rolling from back to belly, which could mean trouble (I've heard that this can disrupt sleep). Hopefully she'll figure it all out quickly. And hopefully she'll stop waking up at 5:30. It's really not so fun for Mommy.
Today was a fun family day. Daddy made pancakes for breakfast and we lazed about for awhile, waiting for Emma to wake from her nap. Hannah played happily with her stacking cups ("I'm making milk"). She made up a song to the tune of the "motor boat" song from swim class. I have no idea what the song was about, but she was very happy singing it. Hannah decided that she wanted to lie on Emma's play mat. I found this amusing so tried to capture it (albeit in a fuzzy photograph).
Hannah's language is really taking off. She is talking in sentences, saying words out of the blue that we've never heard her say before, and pronouncing words more accurately (e.g., yogurt used to be "lulu" and is now "yoguh;" birthday - she is obsessed with birthdays - used to be "dir-day" and is now "birt-day"). I think the improvement is boosting her confidence and reducing her frustration. It must be really difficult knowing what you want but being unable to express it.
This afternoon, Daddy went on a bike ride and Mommy took the girls to the playground (the "sings" - swings). On our way back, we heard a train in the distance. Hannah said "chugga chugga choo choo." I've never heard her say the "chugga chugga" part and I'm not sure where she got that. I loved it. She was actually a little afraid that the train was coming too close - which is funny because the tracks are pretty far from our house. After we heard the train I was reminded of the small Thomas train set I picked up for Hannah last week yet hadn't presented to her yet. Hannah was so excited and played with it for the rest of the evening (until she decided to start throwing Thomas around and Daddy took Thomas away until tomorrow).
No comments:
Post a Comment