Monday, October 17, 2011
"Mommy Get It"
And so it begins. The child asking the parent to get whatever it is the child wants but doesn't want to get themselves. In other words, laziness. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but alas, Hannah has already made a small habit of saying "Mommy get it" or "Daddy get it" when she wants something (her blankie, a toy, her shoes) but doesn't feel like getting up to get it herself. I now have a better appreciation for what it must have been like to be my parent. I had the "Mommy get it" problem in full force when I was a kid. The bad news for Hannah (and, eventually, Emma) is that I don't think I'm going to be quite as lenient as my parents were. If the kids want something and they are able to get it themselves, most of the time that's the way it will be! Does that make me a mean mommy? I don't think so. I think it makes me a good teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment