We got an unexpected 8-10 inches of snow yesterday. Unfortunately this meant that both yoga and swim lessons were canceled, so we needed backups for our planned activities. In the morning we went to run an errand for Aunt Sammy and then went to the inside playground at the mall. Hannah saw her friend Riley there, which made her very happy. She had the most fun sitting in the big rubber boat singing "I'm on a boat, yo." Emma had the most fun squatting near another rubber thingy taking a dump. (Emma, sweetie, when you read this one day, know that I'm sorry! I couldn't resist. Also know that you had no shame when it happened.)
After nap we went to the sledding hill. Hannah took several runs with Aunt Sammy and one with me and loved it. I dragged Emma in the infant toboggan and then took her down the hill once, which she loved, too. It was very windy and still snowing out, but we managed... until Emma flipped out (maybe from cold hands?) and we headed home. Then we tried to make a snowman in the backyard. The snow was a little too fluffy for packing into a snowman, but we made lots of snow angels. Hannah didn't want to go inside, but she got very excited when I started making hot cocoa. Snow days are awesome.




No comments:
Post a Comment