The good news - making Thanksgiving dinner for your family while watching the parade and football, playing at the park, and seeing distant family via iPhone FaceTime is a very nice way to spend Thanksgiving. We had a nice time at home, albeit missing family (and some sickness - I was spared). The only photos of the day are of the girls at the swings. I didn't take photos of the turkey or table but both came out great. The pie could have been better, but I turned it into a yummy cobbler the next day. All in all, a successful first thanksgiving at home.
Sunday was a quiet day. We took two walking trips to the Christmas tree (Hannah's favorite spot these days) at the "farmer's market," one in the morning with Mommy while Daddy rode his bike and one in the afternoon with Daddy while Mommy went to yoga. The idea was for Hannah to burn off some of her contrariness - I mean energy. She wanted to go in the stroller and put up a big fight (after fighting over getting dressed, of course). Daddy held her hand while he rode down the alley for our send off, and then I told Hannah she could ride in the stroller after walking for awhile. She complied, and the plan worked, buying us two full hours of blissful silence (she doesn't usually nap that long, sometimes not at all). Daddy got a great nap and Mommy got some work done.
[Don't get me wrong, Hannah. You are adorable and I love you to bits. But sometimes we need a break! Like right now, 9:15 pm and you're still awake. Climbing up to your room several times was not what we had in mind for our evening.]





Ice cream is the quickest way to her Aunt Bethany's heart as well. Happy Thanksgiving, Thies Family. We love you.
ReplyDelete