Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Daddy's Birthday

Yesterday we had a little celebration for Daddy's birthday involving mini cupcakes before dinner and one candle. Hannah wanted to stay at school when I went to pick her up.  As soon as I reminded her that it was Daddy's birthday, she literally sprung off the floor and ran to get her backpack and jacket.  She has quickly learned that birthdays mean cake.  Next we got Emma, who was sad because she had seen me walk by her classroom to get Hannah first (because it's easier), even though I didn't even stop outside her door!  She must have recognized the back of my head!  At home, we sang to Daddy and enjoyed some cupcakes.  Emma was really trying to sing.  She got as far as "happy buh" and repeated that several times while smiling and rocking side to side.  When she finished her cupcake, she held up her plate and said, with big eyes, "moa?"  (That means "more.")  She was not so happy when we told there was no more.



After the babysitter arrived, Jim and I went to Mizuna for dinner.  Mizuna is a very nice French restaurant.  We sat in the back room with walls covered by wine racks - all except one wall with a nook book shelf, right next to our table.  The book shelf was filled with classic cookbooks.  We cracked a few and enjoyed being foodies for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment