Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happenings

Last weekend was Hannah's buddy Ryan's birthday party at the pool.  Jim was racing so I had the girls, and taking them to the pool solo is a lot of work.  But I got a floatie for Emma which really helps.  This was the first time Emma went in it (although she had tried Ryan's sister Lindsey's the week prior).  She had so much fun.  And Hannah enjoyed tugging her around the pool.  That was nice for as they were both occupied and in the same place, so I could just relax and watch them.



Emma didn't make it until cake time.  She passed out on the blanket.  Poor girl had a double ear infection and I didn't know it yet.  In fact, I didn't know it for three more days!  I thought she was just teething (which she is, too... so that's fun).


Hannah waited so patiently for cake.  She literally sat by the cake whenever she wasn't in the pool.  She was sure to have the best seat in the house (next to the birthday boy) when it was finally cake time.


Later, we went to the block party in our nearby Songbird Park.  The girls had a lot of fun with the neighbor kids in the little bouncy castle.  Not long after this, Emma freaked out and had to go home.


Ellie Mae came to visit this past weekend!  We of course had sushi (twice - once out, once in).  Emma crawled up Daddy's shoulder while he was holding her and made her way onto the ledge.  She was very happy up there.  Hannah tried an avocado roll (well, mostly just the avocado part).


On Saturday we went to the pool for Hannah's swim class.  She did so well this time!  She actually did what the instructor told her to do, put her face in the water, went on the kick board, and had a good time.  On Sunday Hannah went shopping with Ellie Mae and came home with a booty and quite pleased.  I made sure she knew how lucky she was and that going shopping with Ellie Mae is different than going shopping with Mommy (i.e., Mommy doesn't buy you everything you ask for like Ellie Mae does).


Later we went to the museum.  The museum does these little educational presentations, and there was one while we were there on tornadoes.  The museum person talked about how fast a tornado can start and how fast it kicks debris around.  She even demonstrated a pencil traveling 300 miles per hour and shattering a piece of wood.  She scared the living daylights out of most of the kids.

Emma climbed into the walker wagon yesterday.  She's also been climbing onto the ride-on toy.  When she climbed into the wagon, Hannah came and pushed her.  Roll reversal!  Emma loved it at first, but then wanted out of the wagon.  She's just a cranky girl with double ear infection and lots of teeth popping through her gums!


We had professional photos taken a couple weeks ago and I received the photos a few days ago.  Considering how cranky the kids were, we got some good shots.  I haven't yet downloaded all of the photos yet, but here is a sneak peak:




And to close with a laugh, here are some funny things Hannah is saying these days:

"I'm am!"  As in, "I am," just a little off.  Daddy was about to say, "Hannah, do what Mommy says," but before he could even get passed saying "Hannah," she knew exactly what he was going to say and replied, "I'm am!"

"I wanna do it myselp!"  That's right, "self" with a "p."

"It was an accident, it wasn't on purple-y."  (Read: not on purpose.)

"Awesome!"  Yes, my three-year old says "awesome" and means it.


No comments:

Post a Comment