Ellie Mae got Emma a walker wagon for her first birthday. This thing listed five tools needed for assembly, but actually required seven. The girls love it. Hannah loves to sit in it and Emma loves to push it. So that's what they do - Hannah sits in it and Emma pushes her. Here are a couple photos and a little video:
Hannah had her first ballet class this past Monday - on the same day that Ellie Mae was being honored for her work with the American Ballet Theater and the same day that Mommy got to see part of an ABT dress rehearsal and a private ABT studio rehearsal! What an uncanny coincidence. Unfortunately, I missed Hannah's class, but I asked the school to take a picture of her and they willingly obliged. She looked so happy and proud!
Apparently she had a good time... and wanted to put her ballet clothes back on as as soon as she got home from school.
Today was another first class for Hannah - her first Preschool-level swim class. It did not go well. Okay, I'm exaggerating - it wasn't horrible. But she was not really interested in doing what the instructor asked her to do (blow bubbles, kick legs, etc.). I'm hoping it's just "first-day jitters" and that she'll become more comfortable.
After swim class, we met Ryan, Lindsey and Leigh at the playground (waiting for the pool to open after the next set of swim classes) and then we all went swimming and had a picnic - the first of many swims and picnics with the Flanagans this season, I'm sure. Hannah adores Ryan. When I told her Ryan was coming towards the playground, she squealed with delight, jumped up and down, and started trotting toward him.
And finally, another first - Hannah balanced on her balance bike for the first time! It wasn't without a battle (as is usually the case the days). She got on the bike for a second and then was NOT interested. Instead, she pushed it alongside her down the alley. But that was it, she was finished. No riding, no pushing, just finished. I told her, "You can't just ditch the bike." She responded, "I wanna ditch the bike." I couldn't help but laugh. We managed to get her to push it a little more, then to sit on it while Daddy pushed her, then to put her feet down on the sides and balance over it. She was reluctant and cranky, but she seemed proud when she finally balanced and we applauded her. The whole experience was hilarious.
Poor Emma - no dance class (that would be interesting), she sat in the stroller most of Hannah's swim class, and again sat in the stroller during balance-bike training. But she was happy!


No comments:
Post a Comment