Mother's day weekend was cold, wet, and sick. Everyone but Emma was sick. Hannah was particularly crabby. All she wanted to do was watch Annie (which, in direct contravention of our stated not-much-TV parenting style, we let her do many, many times). I got some shopping time with a girlfriend on mother's day and then a pedicure, but after that I was on my own as Daddy was heading out of town. With a sinus infection and a sick child, this was not ideal. But we managed. I realized after Daddy left that I hadn't gotten a picture with my girls on mother's day. So here it is. Mommy and her very unhappy girls on mother's day.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Sign Me Up!
I learned the other day at the girls' school that Hannah is now old enough for on-site ballet classes. The Denver Ballet School comes once a week to teach classical ballet to kids three and older, if they choose to sign up. We saw one of Hannah's classmates in her ballet getup and she looked so cute! They were about to have a ballet recital. A ballet recital! How fun! So we told Hannah about it and asked her if we should sign her up for ballet classes. "Sign me up!" she responded. She kept saying it. "Sign me up!" Then this evening I told her I would take her to the store this weekend to pick out a leotard. "Pink!" she said. "And pink shoes!" That's right, Hannah, pink ballet slippers. She's excited. Hopefully she'll enjoy ballet more than I did (I think I lasted one session).
Mother's day weekend was cold, wet, and sick. Everyone but Emma was sick. Hannah was particularly crabby. All she wanted to do was watch Annie (which, in direct contravention of our stated not-much-TV parenting style, we let her do many, many times). I got some shopping time with a girlfriend on mother's day and then a pedicure, but after that I was on my own as Daddy was heading out of town. With a sinus infection and a sick child, this was not ideal. But we managed. I realized after Daddy left that I hadn't gotten a picture with my girls on mother's day. So here it is. Mommy and her very unhappy girls on mother's day.
Mother's day weekend was cold, wet, and sick. Everyone but Emma was sick. Hannah was particularly crabby. All she wanted to do was watch Annie (which, in direct contravention of our stated not-much-TV parenting style, we let her do many, many times). I got some shopping time with a girlfriend on mother's day and then a pedicure, but after that I was on my own as Daddy was heading out of town. With a sinus infection and a sick child, this was not ideal. But we managed. I realized after Daddy left that I hadn't gotten a picture with my girls on mother's day. So here it is. Mommy and her very unhappy girls on mother's day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment