Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Yesterday I took the girls to the library in the morning.  Hannah picked out a board book with a picture of a baby on the cover.  I have no idea why.  I asked her if she wanted another book, and she said she wanted a "blue" book.  So we picked out two random blue books.  Mommy got a book that will hopefully give me guidance on feeding my family and teaching them to try and like different things.

Yesterday afternoon we went to a pig roast at a cyclist-friend of Jim's (whose kids also go to Primrose - a few of Hannah's friends from school were there).  I envisioned an actual pig roasting on a pit fire, but it was really just a bar-b-que, and a very fun one, at that.  The weather was warm (albeit windy) and we had a great time.  Hannah got her arm painted (a little less intimidating that face) and played with her buddies...


...and Emma enjoyed crawling in the grass and grabbing croquet balls and figurine balloons.


This morning we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens with the Carfields.  What a beautiful morning!  I thought it would be cold, but the sun was warm.  Hannah had so much fun playing with Finley and Sloane.  They ran around and Sloane, the big six-year-old, corralled the young'ns.



This afternoon we went to Central Park.  Emma loves being outside.  She had so much fun!


Hannah wore her "Hannah" tank top, even though it was a little chilly out.  She insisted.  She even wanted to put it back on after bath this evening, but we told her it had to be washed.


 Hannah is starting to learn to use the big-girl swing.  "In, and out!"  She repeated as we told her how to pump her legs.


Emma giggled while on the swing.  She loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment