Monday, February 27, 2012

Emma's First Swim; Princesses Wear Skirts

I took Hannah and Emma to the indoor pool at the Central Park Rec Center yesterday.  This was Emma's first time in the pool, and she had a blast (until she got hungry and started hitting my chest and shoulders - one of her ways of telling me she wants to nurse).  We put our bathing suits on at home before we left.  My bathing suit is a two-piece with a skirt bottom.  When Hannah saw me put it on, she asked me, "You be a princess?"  I had never hear her say the word "princess," and I didn't know what she meant, but I figured it was because I was wearing a skirt.

This is the only shot I was able to get at the pool (I was a little busy!):


Later, we got ready for the Barnetts and Gausses to come over for a little play and dinner.  Jim brought Hannah a change of clothes after her first accident in a couple weeks (she has been doing so well!).  He chose a shirt, skirt and tights.  Hannah didn't want to wear her skirt.  She said, "I don't wanna be a princess. I wanna be a dinosaur."  So I guess princesses wear skirts.  Not sure about the dinosaur reference...

All of the littles had fun playing in the basement.  The boys threw couch cushions and pillows around.  Hannah and Julia colored at the table.  Emma slept through the entire thing.

The kids table during dinner last night:


After dinner, all of the kids put their pajamas on so they could fall asleep in the car on the way home.  Chance had one-piece monkey pajamas.  Hannah was envious, so she went upstairs to get her own monkey  pajamas (only to have them taken off 10 minutes later for bath time... but at least she felt like one of the gang for a few minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment