Now that I have little helpers, I finally started a vegetable and herb garden! We planted on Mother's Day (by accident actually, but it's a purposeful accident that will now be a tradition!) with the help of Amanda, a friend of a friend who is skilled in gardening and built our raised beds. Apparently Mother's Day is a very popular day to plant - the garden store was packed! Plus, it's finally warm enough to plant (which may actually be the point of why Mother's Day is a marker for starting a garden).
The girls loved playing in the dirt, "helping" to dig the soil (Hannah was able to help a bit with digging holes for the tomato plants). Hannah loved planting seeds, too. Her class recently learned about growing plants and she understands the process, which is so neat. She's excited to grow and eat our own food! Although she really only wants the strawberries and carrots. I think that might change, though, as she sees our garden grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment