This week, for the first time, after I told Hannah I loved her, she responded by saying, "I lub you, too." It made my heart melt. Sometimes I'm not so sure she likes me at all! (Did I mention the time a few weeks when we asked her if she likes us and she said, "Not Mommy. I like Daddy." ??? That was NOT very heart-warming.) All joking aside, Hannah and I are starting to share more and more special moments, and it's the best.
But she's still a Daddy's girl. Today, when she woke up from her nap, Daddy was out riding his bike. We went to the bathroom and were getting ready to go downstairs when Hannah asked for Daddy. "Daddy's riding his bike, but he'll be home soon," I told her. She freaked out. She start crying and calling, "Daddy! Daddy!" as if maybe he could hear her and would come racing back to the house. She calmed down briefly when I suggested we have a snack, but once we were downstairs, she started crying again. "I want my Daddy!" she cried, over and over again. It was a little ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as Hannah barely letting go of Daddy's hand at the gymnastics birthday party yesterday. She wanted him with her at all times. The girl loves her Daddy!
Unfortunately, Daddy hasn't received the "I lub you, too" response just yet, but I'm sure he will soon. At least he receives it in spades, if not by Hannah's words, by her actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment