Monday, October 8, 2012

Tubes

Emma got ear tubes this morning. She had been getting lots of ear infections, and it was time. The hospital experience was an experiment in how little it takes to piss Emma off. We confirmed that she does NOT like people touching her. From the moment we got to the hospital, Emma was ready to leave. If a nurse looked at her and smiled, she'd start crying. Yes, she was very hungry (no breakfast), but this was more than hunger talking. This was a red-head talking. Several people even commented on how red-heads don't do we'll with anesthesia. Yes, I'd have to agree. Post surgery, point in case. But I suppose unhappy pre-op means unhappy post-op. Poor baby. We got her out of there as quickly as possible and home for a quick snack and a long nap. After that she was happy as a clam! And I actually think she can hear better, having that gunk out of her inner ear - she was so chatty this afternoon. So, rough journey, but happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment