Monday, May 24, 2010

Another ear infection?

Make it a double. And that's not a double shot of espresso, that's yet another ear infection, and a double at that. Hannah was so uncomfortable today, it was sad to see. Here I was angry at daycare for calling me to come pick her up because she had goopy eyes. Little did I know she was not a happy girl. I feel like I should have known - she has had a low fever on and off since Friday evening (yesterday's high was 100.1, so I thought she was getting better and could go to daycare), and she's been goopy-eyed since before then - but how can you tell? Well, I picked her up and took her to the doctor and low and behold, bulging left ear and not-so-good right ear, either. Jim got home and put Hannah to bed, despite her protests to just about everything. To smooth the transition, Jim put her down with a book that she wouldn't let go of. He went back to check on her about 30 minutes later, and what was she doing? Sitting in her crib with her blankey on her head "reading" her book. Pretty cute. But, it was bye-bye book at that point as it was after 7:00. Hopefully she'll sleep well and her first dose of antibiotics will make her a happier girl for momma tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment