Hannah will probably give me the silent treatment - or worse - when she reads this later in life. Sorry, sweetie, this is too cute not to capture. Today I took both girls to the ENT - Hannah for a follow-up on ear/adenoid/tonsil issues, and Emma for repeat ear infections. (It turns out Hannah is fine for now, and Emma needs tubes, as did Hannah at her age.) All went reasonably well, notwithstanding Emma's high-pitched objections to being touched by anyone (which made the ear examination a little tough), until I heard Hannah say, "I'm peeing." And we weren't in the bathroom. Hannah had told me she had to go, so we up and left the doctor for the bathroom, but Hannah didn't want to use it. She told me, "I wanna pee at home." So, mission aborted, we went back to the doctor and continued the examination and discussion... and then Hannah peed on the floor. In front of the doctor. He was very nice about it - after all, he's a pediatric ENT - but I was embarrassed. Hannah didn't seem to be, though. After we finished talking to the doctor, we left and cleaned Hannah up at the car, where I had a change of clothes in her backpack for school. Hannah could tell I was a little annoyed and not really enjoying the experience of taking off her pee-soaked clothes and wiping her legs. So when I put her in her car seat, she said, "Thanks for helping me, Mommy." It was the sweetest thing and shows how self-aware and observant she is. It made the whole experience worth it.
Then, on the way to drop the girls off at school while playing some music, I heard Hannah from the back seat say, "I'm doing a dance in my seat." She was boogieing to the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment