Daddy had to go back east for a few days this week, and Hannah really missed him. She was acting more irritable than usual and I could just tell. Add to that Emma's sickness (really bad cold and cough, plus an ear infection), Mommy's sickness (cold, thanks to Emma), and then forgetting my breast milk at work one day, and it made for an interesting week. We got through it, though!
Hannah knew Daddy was coming home Saturday after music class and she was very excited. On Saturday morning, I heard her mumble something about wanting to go bye-bye. "You want to go bye-bye?" I asked. I thought maybe she was ready for music class (even though it wasn't time yet). "No, I want Mommy to go bye-bye." She was just ready to be rid of me. Nice.
We had a lovely reunion when Daddy got home, and a very nice weekend after that. The weather was great, so we spent a bit of time outside. Hannah was sitting on the front steps and wanted to be in between Mommy and Daddy, but was leaning on Daddy the entire time. She really had missed him! And Daddy really missed her. He thinks that she changed in the three days that he was gone. It's true, she's becoming more of a little girl. Her sentences are more complex, and she's better at expressing herself (like the other night, instead of melting down because she didn't like her grilled cheese because it had provolone instead of american cheese, she simply turned to me and said, "I don't like this cheese."). I guess Jim realized that if you blink, you might miss something.
Emma is also changing. As of a couple weeks ago, she will now sit up after crawling (instead of being stuck on her belly). Here's Emma with Daddy last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment